Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Taliban In Afghanistan

The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • chutch15
    Sep 13, 07:04 AM
    It does not. With this new glass, I don't feel I need one. A screen protector is far softer and would take more damage in dents and scratches, not to mention expensive (and a pain) to replace.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • zombierunner
    Apr 19, 12:36 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Thank goodness .. Finally an iMac rumour ... I am still going to wait a bit more and buy it when the new iMacs ship with lion preinstalled .... July I guess

    Really hoping for 1080p target display mode will be supported in the new iMacs ...





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • AFPoster
    Mar 22, 12:55 PM
    goddamn i can't make a joke on these forums. i was kidding dude. it's not a choice, if it were a choice it would have been a fad that went away years ago. Some people are naturally attracted to the same sex, and not just people, homosexuality has been demonstrated in animals as well. Some brains are just wired differently, and to deny them rights for it is just not fair.

    I don't believe any was born gay, that's my opinion. I believe you make the choice in your life, just like you make the choice on what career you want and college you desire to go to. I have friends that were once married (guy/girl) and then divorced because they liked their sex better. So now they are openly gay and happy. I have back and forth e-mails with them stating they consider it a choice. One of my friends is a writer for Lesbians and spoke in front of congress on this issue 2 years ago. I was with her and she even stated that it was a choice to become a lesbian and it's now America's choice to accept it for all for choose this path.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • timmyOtool
    Apr 4, 04:04 PM
    I think the cut throat P.C. market will implode on it's self sometime in the future and Apple should stay out of that market. With that said I do hope that Apple can improve the consumer line up. $800 for an emac would be good if it had better specs. All the ilife apps should run well on all macs period. A better adveritising stratigy wouldn't hurt either. Let people know about osx, after all that is their best product imho. Apple is not going to die, but there is always room for improvement.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • dguisinger
    Jul 14, 02:27 AM
    I personally would love to see both formats fall flat on their asses. Both sides are way too stubborn to standardize and are expecting consumers to waste money on one side or the other, just to have their super-expensive players become paperweights when a standard is picked.

    Not to mention, the DRM is so restrictive its not even funny. Especially on Blueray. It is rediculous that if you use an analog connection or a non-secured digital connection that blueray down-samples and then up-samples the video to distort it so you cannot somehow make a digital copy. Thats not how the professional pirates duplicate discs! Morons, all they are doing is once again hurting consumers. Blueray players even phone home to tell Sony what you've been watching and download new encryption keys incase someone broke the keys like they did with CSS. Sony has assumed way too much control with Blueray, so if I'd have to pick either format I'd go with HD-DVD. Lets not forget Microsoft is backing HD-DVD on the X-Box 360. Last week when I was at the game store, they said the add-on drive would be coming soon for around $100. Thats alot less than a blueray player. Heck, when combined with this fall's xbox price cuts (we all know its going to happen with the ps3 release), it will be significantly less than buying a PS3 for a blueray player.

    We've seen it with Betamax, MiniDisc, MemoryStick, etc. Sony doesn't play well with others, they like their own formats. Heck, take a look at the Sony DRM fiasco from last year with the rootkit CDs. Do you really trust Sony to be checking in on what Blueray discs you are playing and verifying your encryption keys on a dailybasis? There are very few features in Blueray which are consumer friendly.

    Like I said, HD-DVD and Blueray both suck in my opinion, too many DRM controls, too expensive, not enough difference really over DVD for most people....

    So.......back to the main topic, what do I want Apple to do?
    Nothing, don't include either. I knew someone who felt very betrayed when he purchased a PowerMac with DVD-RAM drive. He was convinced because Apple chose that drive that it was where the industry was headed. A year later he could barely find media for it and he couldn't use the discs on anyone elses machines. He actually has always been a pro-mac person, preaching to everyone, but that absolutely infuriated him.

    Until there is a standard, Apple should stay out of the way. It doesn't matter if they put it in the highend mac or not, people say people spending that much don't care.........thats not true. They do care, they usually spend that much extra to get a job done with extra features they need. Compatibility and future proofing is a BIG DEAL to these people.

    So......apple should not put Blueray in anytime soon. BTO option? MAYBE....BUT......they should put lengthy and wordy warnings when selected informing users that it may be a paperweight in a year.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • ready2switch
    Nov 15, 09:28 AM
    How can this get negative votes? In fact, how do a lot of perfectly benign threads get negative votes? Are there just members out there who vote negative on everything?

    The negative for me is the tiny caveat at the bottom of the article. Apple releasing 8-core Mac Pros this month? Highly doubtful, in my opinion.

    Also, negative sometimes just means you don't believe it (as in this case) not that it's a "negative" announcement.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • Stella
    Jun 23, 11:42 AM
    This doesn't sound like Apple at all. I call shenanigans.

    And HP Touchsmart sucks (to me).

    Agreed - Apple just don't implement features 'because they can'. There has to be a benefit to the user for adding touch screens on a desktop. Apple generally don't do gimmicks.

    Perhaps there's a new iMac in the pipeline, redesigned to take advantage of touch screen interface?





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • BLUELION
    Apr 3, 01:42 PM
    Apple is not trying to rub it in your face to other companies, but more important it is using the subtle nuance of the product as it targets partners into coming on board with the iPad, iPad2.

    I actually think this isn't apples best ad. I mean there is nothing wrong with it, but I usually expect more from apple.

    They better make another ipad 2 ad, because this is there only one





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • iVeBeenDrinkin'
    Apr 2, 09:34 PM
    Just saw it during the Final 4 game... Looked good.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • NATO
    Aug 16, 10:47 AM
    Apple has apparently denied this rumour... unusual for them, but I reckon it's probably something they're working on

    The Register - Apple Wireless iPod Denial (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/16/apple_denies_wireless_ipod_claim/)





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • know-it-all5
    Jan 1, 07:07 PM
    that pic, means a great macworld. it means jobs is going all out for the 30th anniversary things.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • carmenodie
    Apr 3, 12:04 AM
    Marketing geniuses :)
    You got that right.
    People also forget that Apple is, at its core, an engineering company.
    I can't wait to get my ipad 2 64 gig only . I'll get the wifi because I ain't paying no body for tethering and I'm too chicken to jailbreak my iphone 4.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • AvSRoCkCO1067
    Sep 6, 08:48 AM
    Hmm... the Mini still has no Core 2 Duo? That does not sound too promising for MacBook (Pro) updates... unless Apple only wants to use the Core 2 Duo for the high end laptops (MacBook Pro) of course... Or are they waiting untill Leopard has been released?

    Core Duo prices will decrease soon (October or so), so Apple will probably have a price decrease then. Additionally, it may wait to put merom in its Macbook lineup, and instead have a price decrease there too...





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • vastoholic
    Feb 18, 12:49 AM
    Nice, I find my MBP is the perfect size for traveling too. I am curious though, what limitations did you have with the iPad?

    Oh, it was mostly my media. I have a large collection of music/movies/tv shows and I can only fit a certain amount on my iPhone and iPad. I turned off my mac mini at home since I was going to be gone for 2 months here so I can't stream from that. Even if I could, my wifi here is terrible, Netflix is always poor quality and has a hard time keeping up with that. So I bought the macbook and a 1TB hard drive to install when I get back home and then I'm headed off again for my mobilization and then deployment in the summer. Just wanted to be able to take my whole library with me. The MBP will also be used for college when I get back from Afghanistan.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • Built
    Nov 16, 06:25 AM
    I was an early adopter on iPhone 1st gen. I upgraded to iPhone 3G 18 months later. Skipped 3GS, and ordered the iPhone 4 on June 15th during the big frenzy.

    My iPhone 4 was delivered to my home the day before launch day.

    Granted I have always had a cheap thin rubberized case around my iPhone 4 (but I have also had one on all my other iPhones as well)...but the iPhone 4 has given me BETTER service...fewer dropped calls...increased versatility...amazing battery life...better screen...faster response...than any of my other iPhones...

    While long ago, I generally enjoyed Consumer Reports, I believe their stance is nothing more than a blatant attempt at sensationalism based on initial reports of iPhone issues.

    Personally, over the years, I have seen Consumer Reports almost imperceptibly slide into what it is today...a largely commercialized rag which long ago lost its "pro-consumer, anti-establishment" focus.





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • pika2000
    Oct 9, 04:36 PM
    This issue seems to be mostly discussed in US centric blogs/sites/forums and US users. The iPhone 4 is shipped worldwide. So why aren't we seeing the same amount of outrage from users overseas?





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • macidiot
    Jul 19, 03:43 PM
    What, the analysts weren't even close? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • Ashtangi
    Aug 29, 09:52 AM
    As a few have already mentioned - there would have to be some price adjustments. Right now, the Core Duo commands a $200 premium over the Core Solo. But assuming that the "new" lineup consists of a 1.66 and 1.83 Core Duo, Apple would either have to seriously adjust the price points - or majorly strip down the 1.66 Core Duo. Perhaps remove the combo drive? Or use the smaller HD?





    The Taliban In Afghanistan. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • daneoni
    Aug 29, 10:33 AM
    If you're gonna stay with core duo why not just make the mini a 1.83 & 2.00 GHz Core Duo machine like the macbooks since the iMacs are going Conroe. 1.66 & 1.83 on a core duo is pathetic in my opinion and solidifies my believe that the mini and i will never get along....at least for now. Thats just oo much crippling to handle





    mrgreen4242
    Aug 29, 12:21 PM
    I know this is off topic. But you guys and gals have got to go download the new Bob Dylan Blues Music Video Ad for iTunes pre-selling his new album "Modern Times" (http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/dylan/). It is incredible! :eek: :cool:

    Ya, that is off topic. WAY off topic. Why would you post that here? There's already threads started about this. Bah.





    28monkeys
    Apr 22, 12:23 AM
    The tracking isn't accurate at all!!!!:rolleyes:

    Ha-Ha!





    tann
    Mar 25, 03:54 PM
    Wow! This looks insane!! I didn't realise that the iPad was so powerful!

    Makes me want one more now :(!





    skunk
    Mar 20, 07:29 AM
    I actually think having troops is better. It is specifically outside the UN resolution to put troops on the ground.





    Brien
    Jun 23, 12:36 PM
    I wouldn't mind an iOS-type OS on an iMac as long as it had some more features of a full-fledged desktop OS. As in:

    -Multiple Users
    -Printing
    -Some kind of file system
    -More apps of a creative side (ie movie editing, word processing, programming, etc.) instead of just media consuming apps

    Note: this list is not exhaustive; there are many more features I'd like that I just can't think of at the moment.

    Plus, some games/apps will need to be done, specifically those that need the accelerometers. I don't think people would want to swing around a 20/30 pound computer. But that would be a good way to make more money; people keep breaking them so they'll have to pay for repairs/new ones.



    I doubt 10.7 will be such an overhaul. Probably more like Mac OS X 11.0 or a totally new naming scheme.

    iMac or not, iOS 4.1 better support printing. Such a glaring omission, and honestly with the hardware/software advancements since the original iPhone, other than maybe (Adobe) Flash, it's really the only minus left.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...